Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
East El Paso Closures
Mall Braided Ramps Project
Sun, Jan. 26 - Fri, Jan. 31 (9 pm - 5 am)
- Gateway Boulevard eastbound left lane closure between Hawkins Boulevard and Airway Boulevard
Mon, Jan. 27 - Fri, Jan. 31 (7 am - 4 pm)
- Gateway Boulevard eastbound left lane closure at Hawkins Boulevard intersection
Loop 375 Frontage Road Project
Sun, Jan. 26 (7 pm to 5 am next day)
- Loop 375 southbound complete closure between North Loop Drive to Alameda Avenue
- Loop 375 southbound entrance ramp at North Loop Drive closed
- Loop 375 southbound turnaround at North Loop Drive closed (frontage road)
- Loop 375 southbound traffic will exit at Americas Avenue (Exit 45A) exit ramp
Mon, Jan. 27 (9 pm - 5 am)
- Loop 375 southbound complete closure at North Loop Drive intersection and overpass
Tues, Jan. 28 - Wed, Jan. 29 (9 pm to 5 am)
- Loop 375 southbound right lane closure between North Loop Drive to Alameda Avenue
- Americas Avenue southbound closure at North Loop Drive entrance ramp·
West El Paso Closures
Mon, January 27 - Fri, January 31
• Mesa between Brentwood and Executive, Northbound and Southbound, alternating lane closures.
IH-10 Ramp Improvements – Phase 2
Mon, January 27 - Fri, January 31 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Gateway Blvd East, Hawkins to Winslow right two lanes closed.
- Airway turnaround closed in both directions.
- Airway underpass Northbound and Southbound right lane closed.
- Hunter/Viscount off-ramp closed.
- Gateway Blvd West from Viscount to Hawkins right two lanes closed.
- Gateway Blvd East from Tony Lama to Hunter full lane closure.
Mon, January 27 - Fri, January 31 (9pm - 5am)
- IH10 Eastbound from Viscount/Hunter to McRae Blvd closed.
IH-10 Riprap Project
Mon, January 27 - Fri, January 31 (9am - 4pm)
• Eastbound CD between Buena Vista and Topgolf right lane closure
I-10 Connect Project Closures
Lane Closures Underway on Ramp H
- Ramp H which connects eastbound I-10 to northbound US 54 is now reduced to one lane.
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.