How To Help Victims Of Hurricane Laura in Texas and Louisiana
Here’s a list of ways to help out the victims of Hurricane Laura that struck the Gulf Coast on Thursday.
Residents of Texas and Louisiana got slammed early Thursday morning where at least 16 people were killed as Hurricane Laura moved ashore damaging dozens of homes in Lake Charles and surrounding areas.
The historic storm has flooded, damaged, and caused massive outages across the Louisiana-Texas border.
As the storm continues to bring in heavy rain and gusty winds, several non-profit organizations are working to offer aid and resources to local residents impacted by the hurricane.
Ways To Help:
- Seeking donations and volunteers
- Donate at redcross.org
- Call 800-RED-CROSS
- Text LAURA to 90999 to make a $10 donation
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Red Cross cannot accept supplies, including hygiene items, food, clothes, or any other 'in-kind' items.
The Cajun Navy
For a list of locations and hours to donate, visit giveblood.org.
GlobalGiving's Hurricane Laura Relief Fund
- GlobalGiving provides food, water, and medicine to residents and first responders affected by Hurricane Laura.
- To Donate Click HERE
Save the Children's Emergency Relief Fund
- Seeking donations and medical volunteers
- To donate or for volunteer information Click HERE
KEEP READING: 50 community resources supporting Americans financially impacted by COVID-19