Ways to Try and Keep Cool During the Triple-Digit Heat in El Paso
The heat continues on in the Borderland and people need to try and stay cool. Triple-digit temperatures are expected to continue throughout the Borderland and many are suffering, trying to figure out how they can stay cool during this heatwave.
If you're not able to just sit by a fan all day, there are other tips to keep yourself cool while you're facing the burning heat from the sun.
- Drink plenty of water, even when you're not feeling thirsty
- Make sure you wear sunscreen (at least SPF 30) on your face and body when outdoors
- Always have a hat and sunglasses handy in case you have to be outside for longer periods of time
- Stay away from tight, dark, or not breathable clothing. Wear breathable fabrics like cotton and linen and loose-fitting clothing.
- Try to only be outdoors during the early morning, evening, and at night
- Try to use your outdoor grill when cooking so your stove doesn't make your house hotter.
- Shut the blinds and run fans inside the house to keep the air circulating
- Put sheets in the freezer before putting them on the bed to give yourself a cooling sensation while trying to fall asleep
The hot weather is expected to continue to make sure you're ready to beat the heat. And if you're running errands, don't take your four-legged friends with you. Your vehicle turns into an oven essentially in te heat and can be deadly to dogs in a matter of minutes.