Special Chihuahuas Jerseys To Be Auctioned Off On August 3rd
If you are a dog lover, especially Chihuahuas, then Sunday, August 3rd is your lucky day. The Chihuahuas will be wearing and auctioning off special jerseys that feature the face of the popular dog. All proceeds from the sale will benefit the Humane Society of El Paso. August 3rd is also the final Bark At The Park promotion and the first ever Bobblehead featuring Chico the mascot will be given away. Here is a look at the special jersey.
In the team's official press release, they mention that the jersey embodies the spirit of the brand. My reaction was more like "wow, that is a really big Chihuahua head!" However, plenty of people own t-shirts with the image of their favorite pooch blown up on their chest. Since it benefits the Humane Society of El Paso, one of this city's great causes, I am sure they will be popular with the fans. If you plan on bringing your dog to the game, then you will be required to fill out a waiver. It can be found at: http://atmilb.com/1oItVWH.
The Chihuahuas also have a strict set of rules that must be followed.
1. ALL entry and exit will be through the Missouri St. Gate.
2. Owners must be 18 years of age or older.
3. One dog per seat holder.
4. Owners will be required to have their canine friends on a leash at all times.
5. Owners must sign a waiver upon entry.
6. Owners must show proof of the following vaccinations: Rabies, DHLP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para Influenza), Parvo & Bordatella.
7. Owners will be allowed one reentry for pet relief.
8. NO pets will be allowed in the following areas:
a. Club Level Suites
b. Press Level Suites
c. Big Dog House
d. Santa Fe Pavilion
e. Lawn Seating
g. Team Shop
h. Standing Room Only
Also, the Chihuahuas reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog and/or ask any dog and its owner to leave. They will also provide water for the dogs and will have volunteers ready should owners need to be temporarily excused. Care and control of the pet while at Southwest University Park is the sole responsibility of the dog owner. Bow Wow!!!