Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
East El Paso Closures
Mall Braided Ramps Project
Sunday, Feb. 09 through Friday, Feb. 14 (complete closure)
9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (overnight)
- I-10 westbound complete closure between Hawkins Boulevard and Airway Boulevard.
Monday, Feb. 10 through Friday, Feb. 14
7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Gateway Boulevard eastbound left lane closure at Hawkins Boulevard intersection.
Loop 375 Frontage Road Project
Monday, Feb. 10 through Wednesday, Feb. 12
9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (overnight)
- Loop 375 southbound right lane closure between North Loop Drive to Alameda Avenue.
- Americas Avenue southbound closure at North Loop Drive entrance ramp.
- Loop 375 traffic detour westbound at North Loop Drive to Zaragoza Road.
- Loop 375 traffic detour eastbound at North Loop Drive to Inglewood Drive.
Until further notice
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Americas Avenue southbound alternating lane closures between North Loop Drive and Zaragoza Road.
- Americas Avenue northbound alternating lane closures between Americas Avenue and Socorro Road.
- Americas Avenue northbound to southbound turnaround at Alameda closed.
- Loop 375 southbound complete closure at Socorro Road entrance ramp (no longer in use).
I-10 Landscape Improvements
Monday, Jan. 13 through Friday, March 20, 2020
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- I-10 alternating eastbound and westbound left and right lane closures between Eastlake Boulevard and Horizon Boulevard.
- I-10 alternating eastbound and westbound entrance and exit ramps to include turnaround.
I-10 Connect Project Closures
Monday, Feb. 10, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-10 will be closed to all traffic at US 54.
- Ramp C which connects northbound US 54 to eastbound I-10 will be closed to all traffic.
- Ramp L which connects Gateway Boulevard West to westbound I-10 at Raynolds Street will be closed to all traffic.
Monday, Feb. 10 and Tuesday, Feb. 11
Nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Southbound US 54 will be closed between I-10 and Loop 375.
Monday, Feb. 10 - Saturday, Feb. 15
Daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The on-ramp which connects Gateway Boulevard East to eastbound I-10 at Loop 478 (Copia Street) will be closed to all traffic.
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.