El Paso Parks and Recreation Department Resumes Youth Sports Activities
El Paso Parks and Recreation Department announces that all independent, outdoor Youth Sports and activities will resume on Friday, February 13, 2021.
After receiving guidance from the Office of Emergency Management and the Public Health Department, the Parks and Recreation Department will welcome back youth sports activities following all current health and safety COVID-19 protocols.
So far, the decision to activate youth sports activities does not include the return of Adult Sports activities and tournaments. According to the Parks and Recreation Department, reactivating adult sports will be considered based on data suggesting a downward curve of the COVID-19 pandemic locally.
While youth sports activities are back, new health and safety guidelines have been implemented, including:
- No spectators allowed
- Only one parent or guardian allowed per player on site
- Face coverings must be worn when not actively participating in physical activity.
- Temperature checks and health questionnaires will be taken at facilities and complexes.
- Attendees will also find the installation of hand sanitizing stations.
- No congregating before, during, and after games allowed.
- To avoid large crowds, no youth tournaments will be held until further notice.
- For complete information on health guidelines and safety, protocols visit HERE.
Resuming youth sports activities is vital for our community’s youth to maintain good physical and mental wellness bringing us one step closer to getting back to a semi-normal life.
KEEP READING: 10 classic board games that will take you way back