Buzz’s Keeper: The REAL Story Why Buzz Suffered After Last Week’s UTEP Game
First of all, I want everyone who reads this to know that I appreciate Buzz Adams so much for everything he has done for me, professionally and personally. I tell him this all the time. I've tried to repay him with money, especially now that I have a stable job (thanks to him by the way.) And still, he doesn't take a dime from me. He's not only been a mentor to me on my radio journey but he's also become one of my best friends, in the whole wide world. And I'm lucky to know him. That being said Buzz Adams is an a****** sometimes.
Last week, Buzz invited me to the last UTEP football home game. He's had a lot to say on-air and off-air about how he ended up walking to his car, after the game, that day. Just as a reminder to everyone Buzz is a middle-aged man who's supposed to be fully capable of taking care of himself. But apparently, he's not and so in his own attempt to make me look bad he has slandered me on-air and libeled me in print. BUT here's the REAL story.
1. I insisted I take my own car because I told him I needed to leave early.
2. Buzz insisted on parking at the radio station which is 2 mi away from UTEP because the walk would be and I quote, "a piece of cake."
3. I paid $10 for parking at a garage close by because my football ticket was free and I didn't want to walk far. Buzz laughed at me and called me a dope for paying for parking.
4. Again we had FREE tickets
5. After telling Buzz I needed to leave early, he said and I quote, "I'll find a ride from someone there."
6. At the football game we ran into Lisa Sanchez and knowing how she is I thought it would be funny to ask if she would be willing to take Buzz home, you know, because she fosters rescue animals. Of course, she had a hilarious and dramatic, "Ugh... no!"
7. So after all was said and done I did a good old Irish goodbye and took off without saying anything to anyone
8. Like I told Buzz I need to leave early because I was meeting a good friend at my new home, and I didn't want them to be waiting for me forever.
9. Within an hour or two after getting home I got a text message from Buzz at the parking lot near brass monkey in the frantic phone call asking to be picked up. Like I told him earlier I was with a friend and couldn't pick him up.
10. After a while I did get concerned I wondered what if Buzz Adams got hit by a car because he couldn't see because of his old age in the middle of the night? When I called him up he pretended he was an operator for a hospital and tried to scare me.
I was seriously concerned for my best buddy. But then I remembered, he's a middle-aged man! He should be able to take care of himself! Put what you think in the poll below.