6 Places To Find a Free Thanksgiving Meal This Thursday in El Paso
Come Thanksgiving there will be several places where those in need can find a warm plate of food on Thanksgiving Day.
Most of us are fortunate enough to have a home and food on our table, yet there are individuals and families who barely have enough to eat, especially during the holiday season.
This Thanksgiving those in need will be able to attend one of six different places offering a free, hot meal including:
- The 15th annual Thanksgiving Day meal at the Convention Center in downtown El Paso will be serving meals from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will be open to anyone who is in need or homeless.
- Jalisco Caf�� is giving back to our community by offering their annual full-course Thanksgiving turkey dinner from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Open to anyone in the community. For more information or to donate food call 915-532-7174. Jalisco Café is located at 1029 E 7th Ave. in downtown El Paso.
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church will have its Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the cafeteria of the church located at 602 S Oregon St.
The Salvation Army
- The Salvation Army located at 4300 E. Paisano Dr. will offer a Thanksgiving Day Community Lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Meal tickets with a timestamp will be distributed so folks don’t have to wait in line or simply show up and get in line to eat.
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
- The church will hold its 2nd Annual Thanksgiving Dinner from noon to 2 p.m. The Shared Table Ministry also will include activities for children. Transportation may be able to those who qualify. For more information, email email@example.com. St. Paul’s United Methodist Church is located at 7000 Edgemere Blvd.
The Rescue Mission of El Paso
- The Rescue Mission of El Paso will host a Community Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 221 N. Lee St.
Also keep in mind that if you don’t have access to transportation you might consider Sun Metro and The Streetcar as they will be offering free rides on Thursday, November 28, 2019.