The 6 Things That Sports Make Me Thankful For
It is that time of year, Thanksgiving. A time for being thankful.
I for one have a lot to be thankful for. My beautiful wife, my family, my health and I am really thankful for my internship!
So it got me thinking. What about sports am I thankful for? Why am I thankful for something that might drive my wife and others to the brink of insanity?
As I was thinking these thoughts, it occurred to me that it may just shed some light on my love, passion and fanaticism for all sports. Then I realized, I could never explain that!
These are the 6 things about sports I am thankful for, this year.
6. STUBHUB- You can get tickets to any game or event at the touch of your mouse! Need I say more? If you look hard enough you can find some tickets that come with a parking pass for free! The best thing about it though, you can afford the tickets and they are good seats! Yes, you can pay an arm and a leg if you want too, but you don’t have too!
5. THE GEAR- I want it all! I like jerseys’ but what I love most are the hats and t-shirts! I love a clean, solid hat. As well as a t-shirt that is different and really hard to find. I got the love of hats from my grandfather and the t-shirt love is from my dad. I will wear gear until I die. Will I look strange wearing gear as an old man? Maybe to you, but I have always been a little strange, so what’s the difference?
4. FOX SOCCER CHANNEL- When I was little, I hated waiting for sports to start on the weekend. It was rare if anything was on before 12:00 or 1:00pm. It seemed like the morning would just drag and drag. Now, because of Fox Soccer Channel, there are live matches that sometimes start as early as 5:30am and they take me right up to kickoff or the start of a race or a golf tournament. So for that, I am thankful!
3. LIVE EVENTS- There is nothing like being at a game or event live! I have been very fortunate in my life to attend many live games and events, from NFL games to NASCAR races. Thanks to my wife, I got to attend the most special of all so far, the 2010 Open Championship at St. Andrews in Scotland. She planned this for our honeymoon if you can believe that! It was an unbelievable experience, it leaves me speechless when I think about it and I will never be able to thank her enough! So I will try again, Thank you Rochelle!
2. FRIENDSHIPS- Because of sports, I have my friends from Cali. I connected with my old roommate and found place to live in Carlsbad 3 years ago. I talk with the oldest friends I have that still live in Kentucky. I also wouldn’t have my friends in El Paso. Pretty much, 95% of my friends are because of sports and I wouldn’t trade any one of my friends for anything. Thank you to all of you, I appreciate you more than you know!
1. BUFFALO WILD WINGS- Over 20 TV’s in view, cold Coors Light and chicken wings! The only thing missing is the ability to smoke in restaurant bars again! The best thing though, is that my wife loves it there! She loves the atmosphere, the noise and the beer and wings too! Few things brighten my day more than to here her say ” Wanna go to Buffalo Wild Wings?”. Let me tell you this, to me, My wife + sports, beer and wings = HEAVEN!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!