Viva! El Paso Holding Auditions In March
Viva! El Paso will be seeking new actors, singers, dancers and mariachis for the 2020 season.
Calling all actors, singers, dancers, and mariachis – Viva! El Paso is seeking new talent this year during its 2-day open auditions on March 26 and 27, 2020.
Tryouts for actors, singers and mariachis will be held at Chapin High School Theatre located at 7000 Dyer from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Actors will be asked to perform a 90-second monologue of their choice
- Singers should prepare a song and bring music (sheet music, flash drive or cellphone recording are acceptable) accompaniment will be provided
- Auditions for violin, guitarron, guitar, vihuela, trumpet, flute, and vocals also will be screened
- Musicians should bring their own instruments
Tryouts for dancers will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, March 28, in the Foundation Room, 333 N. Oregon (next to the Chase/Mills Plaza Parking Garage, across from San Jacinto Plaza). Check-in begins at 8 a.m.
- Dancers should wear comfortable clothing and shoes for movement
- Choreography will be taught at the auditions
Those attending also should bring bottled water and a snack (or lunch) for the dance tryouts.
- Photo ID
- Social Security card
- Portrait-style headshot
- Resume of past performance/production work, including school information and work history.
- There is no fee to audition and auditions are open to performers living in the El Paso area. Performers will be paid a stipend.
Viva! El Paso celebrates more than 400 years of local history. The annual tradition kicks off June 19 - July 24 in McKelligon Canyon Amphitheatre. For more information call 915-276-5681