Jon Anik Previews the UFC 249 Card as Live Sports Returns
Live sports are back this weekend when UFC 249 takes place in at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla.
There will not be fans in attendance because of the coronavirus.
In the UFC 249 main event, Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje will battle for the interim lightweight championship with the winner in line to face Khabib Nurmagomedov later this year for the right to be the undisputed UFC lightweight champion.
After a three-year hiatus from the octagon, former titlist Dominick Cruz will face UFC bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo in the co-main event and an exciting heavyweight showdown between Francis Ngannou and Jairzinho Rozenstruik in on the card.
Some other feature events include former NFL star, Greg Hardy's return to the Octagon, and something to keep an eye on in the prelims, Donald Cerrone returns for the first time since losing to Conor McGregor when he faces former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis.
We broke down one of the most loaded cards in UFC history with the voice of the UFC, Jon Anik on The Sports Bash.
Main card (Available via pay per view on ESPN+,)
- Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje for interim lightweight championship
- Henry Cejudo (c) vs. Dominick Cruz for the UFC bantamweight championship
- Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik; Heavyweight
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar; Featherweight
- Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan De Castro; Heavyweight
Prelims (Available on ESPN TV and UFC Fight Pass)
- Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis; Welterweight
- Alexey Oleynik vs. Fabricio Werdum; Heavyweight
- Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson; Women's Strawweight
- Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza; Middleweight
- Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price; Welterweight
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa; Featherweight
- Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey; Light heavyweight