Is Kirk Cousins Your NFL MVP?
Is Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins your NFL MVP?
For those of you screaming no, you may want to consider the following:
- Over the last seven weeks, Kirk Cousins has statistically been the best QB in the NFL.
- He has thrown for 2,756 yards, 21 TD's and only 3 INT's this season.
- Cousins has won on the road in a big prime time game against a good team and just led his team back from a 20 point deficit at halftime, both of which were major criticisms of his overall play.
- In the second half against Denver, Cousins went 19-24, for 271 yards and 3 TDs with a passer rating of 153.3.
- The Minnesota Vikings have an 8-3 record and are 5-0 at home
This week Lamar Jackson jumped ahead of Russel Wilson for the best MVP odds, but Kirk Cousins is currently sitting in the fifth spot at 15-1.
Lamar Jackson +140
Russell Wilson +200
Aaron Rodgers +900
Patrick Mahomes 10-1
Kirk Cousins 15-1
With huge games on the horizon against two of the QB's in front of him, as the Vikings face off against Seattle and Green Bay, Cousins could easily slide up this list with some big-time wins.
I would still go with Lamar Jackson, but I think Cousins and the Vikings will have a better record than the Seahawks and Packers when the season ends, which I think will have him in the conversation the rest of the way.