Need a Side Hustle for the Holidays? Food City is Looking for Tamal Makers
Are you, or someone you know, looking for a side hustle this holiday season? Do you know how to spread masa on a corn husk for tamales? Surely, if you have ever spent a Christmas around Hispanic mothers then you know how to.
If you answered "yes", then Food City is looking for you! Food City is looking for tamal makers for the holiday season and are looking to hire immediately. As we all know, tamal season is right around the corner, and so is Christmas which means you might need to pick up a side hustle.
Food City is hiring tamal makers at their Ranchland location, positions are full time and are for an afternoon/evening shift. You can apply directly through this Facebook post.
If you know how to follow directions, spread masa and wrap tamales then this is perfect for you. Some more information for this job includes:
- Learning quality and quantity to meet standards for all tamale production control.
- Preparing meats and poultry for the tamale filling.
- Cleaning work area and all cooking utensils throughout the day as needed to provide a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Able to lift more than 20-40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of times.
It's that time of year again; the air gets chillier and you bust out your San Marcos cobija. The only thing you need is a cup of champurrado and some tamales!
Making tamales is simple, but it is tedious, and trust me when I say it's a labor of love, but you would be bringing joy to many El Pasoans as the holidays near! Apply here.
11 El Paso Specialty Mexican Pizzas