Gigi, the Newest El Paso Zoo Giraffe, is Too Cute! Check out the Pics
If you need some adorableness in your life, a trip to the El Paso Zoo to see Gigi the giraffe might just be what you need in your life. Gigi is the zoo’s newest addition.
The two-year-old recently joined Juma as a resident of the giraffe exhibit, and according to the zoo and zoo society’s social media, she’s been having a blast checking out her new digs.
Gigi has been getting along quite well with Juma who is 12 years her elder. “Two peas in a pod,” is how they’ve been described.
Photos of the long-legged besties were recently shared by the El Paso Zoo and El Paso Zoo Society and they are too cute. Too bad giraffe feedings are still on pause.
And while you can't hold out lettuce leaves and watch them snake it out of your hand with their long tongue, you can still stand in the area where the feedings take place, and if you’re lucky Gigi and Juma might wander by and stop by the fence to graze on tree leaves and give you an up-close experience.
The El Paso Zoo was given the okay to reopen this past February. Both hours of operation and capacity is limited, and various COVID-related restrictions are in place until further notice.
Masks and Social Distancing
• Face coverings required and social distancing practices have to be followed.
• The train ride, carousel, and giraffe encounters are currently suspended.
• Some indoor buildings remain closed.
• Zoo Keeper chats and interactive activities, including shows and demonstrations, are currently not being offered.
• Food and beverages are available for sale, and indoor and outdoor seating is limited. You are allowed to bring your own food and drinks (glass items, alcoholic beverages and single-use straws are not allowed).
New Hours of Operation
• Closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
• Wednesdays-Fridays open 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Saturdays and Sundays, open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Attendance capped at 75% capacity