EP Water Offering Past Due Bill Relief to Customers Impacted by COVID-19
Need help paying your past-due water bill?
If you’ve fallen months behind on your water bill and your outstanding balance continues to grow El Paso Water may be able to help. EPW has received grant funding to help customers impacted by COVID-19.
According to the utility company’s website, if you qualify you can receive a credit of up to three months towards a past due balance. If the pandemic has resulted in job loss or hours cut, it wouldn’t hurt to look over the eligibility requirements below.
Payment provided will cover up to three (3) months of assistance for overdue water utility charges incurred between April 2020 and November 2020, not to exceed $500. Any monies a person is eligible for will be applied directly to the El Pas Water account.
Funding is limited, so look into this sooner than later. If you find you’re not eligible but have an overdue bill, EPW encourages you to call and make payment arrangements before disconnections resume.
• Live within El Paso city limits and in the residence for which assistance is being requested
• Meet the household low income thresholds
• Demonstrate loss of income as a result of COVID-19
• Have an active and verifiable residential account with El Paso Water
• Most recent EP Water bill
• Documentation of COVID-19-related impact on income
• Documentation of income earned for recent full month
The above is just an overview. For specifics, application, and examples of documents needed visit El Paso Water online.