5 Things You Should Know About Summer Water Usage
Summer heat is a serious thing in El Paso, and it can roast your landscaping. If you want to keep your yard looking good and avoid wasting water or getting a fine for not watering at the correct times or on the days that correspond to your address, check out these tips:
RESIDENTIAL WATERING RULES:
1. You can't water on Mondays. There is no residential watering on Mondays.
2. If your address ends in an even number, you can only water on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays.
3. If your address ends in an odd number, you can only water on Wednesdays, Fridays, or Sundays.
4. From April 1 through September 30, you can only water before 10:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. on your designated days.
CAR WASHING RULES:
You can wash your car at your home, but you have to use a bucket and/or a hand-held hose that has a shut-off nozzle. If you want to do a car wash fundraiser, you can only do them at commercial car wash establishments.
Some other things that will get you into trouble with El Paso Water:
1. Letting water flow into the street.
2. Using water to wash down impervious surfaces like sidewalks except in emergencies to remove spills of hazardous materials or eliminate dangerous conditions.
3. If you don’t follow the rules, El Paso Water could issue you a Class C misdemeanor citation and fine you from $50 to $500 per citation.