2021 NBA Mock Draft: Complete 1st Round Projections
The 2021 NBA draft is finally here after a long, strange season that ended with the Milwaukee Bucks getting their first title in 50 years.
Normally, college players would be evaluated throughout the season as the top prospects for the draft. However, there has been a growing base of international players and G-League prospects that have risen on draft boards for NBA scouts.
Oklahoma State guard Cade Cunningham highlights this NBA draft class with his size, versatility and ability to shoot from the perimeter (41% in 2020-21). Not far behind him, is Evan Mobley who comes from USC and looked dominant in the NCAA Tournament. He could make an argument that he is the top prospect in this draft.
Sandwiched in between Cunningham and Mobley is Jalen Green, who some thought would be the top draft prospects going into this year. Due to his time in the G-League, he was often overlooked through this process. Though, Houston looks like they might have their eyes set on Green as a no-brainer pick. I like guys who might hang around after the top five, including guard Davion Mitchell of Baylor, guard Moses Moody of Arkansas, and James Bouknight of UConn.
Don’t be mistaken. This draft could get really interesting from picks 11-20, with a ton of value among those recruits. Look at guys like guard Ziaire Williams of Stanford and forward Kai Jones of Texas to be high-ceiling draft choices in that 11-20 range.
Beyond that, I expect trades galore tonight. Brooklyn and Philadelphia could move out of the first round. Who knows, maybe we see Ben Simmons traded tonight?
1. Detroit Pistons - Cade Cunningham (G, Oklahoma State)
2. Houston Rockets - Jalen Green (G, Ignite)
3. Cleveland Cavaliers - Evan Mobley (F, USC)
4. Toronto Raptors - Jalen Suggs (G, Gonzaga)
5. Orlando Magic - Scottie Barnes (F, Florida State)
6. Oklahoma City Thunder - James Bouknight (G, UConn)
7. Golden State Warriors - Johnathan Kuminga (G, Australia Adelaide)
8. Orlando Magic - Franz Wagner (F, Michigan)
9. Sacramento Kings - Alperen Sengun (F, Turkey)
10. Memphis Grizzlies - Josh Giddey (G, Australia Adelaide)
11. Charlotte Hornets - Corey Kispert (SF, Gonzaga)
12. San Antonio Spurs - Keon Johnson (SF, Tennessee)
13. Indiana Pacers - Moses Moody (SG, Arkansas)
14. Golden State Warriors - Davion Mitchell (G, Baylor)
15. Washington Wizards - Chris Duarte (SG, Oregon)
16. Oklahoma City Thunder - Trey Murphy (Wing, Virginia)
17. New Orleans Pelicans - Ziaire Williams (SG/SF, Stanford)
18. Oklahoma City Thunder - Jalen Johnson (F, Duke)
19. New York Knicks - Kai Jones (F, Texas)
20. Atlanta Hawks - Cameron Thomas (SG, LSU)
21. New York Knicks - Isaiah Jackson (C, Kentucky)
22. Los Angeles Lakers - Jared Butler (G, Baylor)
23. Houston Rockets - Sharife Cooper (G, Auburn)
24. Houston Rockets - Usman Garuda (F, Real Madrid)
25. Los Angeles Clippers - Tre Mann (G, Florida)
26. Denver Nuggets - Quentin Grimes (G, Houston)
27. Brooklyn Nets - Day’Ron Sharpe (C, North Carolina)
28. Philadelphia 76ers - Joshua Primo (SF, Alabama)
29. Brooklyn Nets (via Phoenix Suns) - Bones Hyland (G, VCU)
30 Utah Jazz - Ayo Dosunmu (G, Illinois)\