14 Things the Proposed Giant Yellow Monument Looks Like
This was reported by our news partners at KVIA ABC-7. A Mexican artist has proposed a giant yellow sculpture for El Paso that would stand across from the giant “X” statue in Juarez. And the city can have it for the bargain-basement price of only 3 Million (dollars, not pesos).
It looks like this:
The artist, Pedro Francisco Rodriguez, said the statue would stand about 130 feet tall and would represent a “threshold into the future”. Also, Rodriguez should be placed in Ascarte Park, right across the border from the “La Equis” monument in Juarez.
Here are a few things this image evokes to me, personally:
- A McDonald’s sign a team of blindfolded guys with no skill with tools.
- The logo for a kid’s network that failed in the ‘90’s
- “Kid” from “Kid-n-Play”
- If the aliens from “2001: A Space Odyssey” had a little more panache.
- A Keith Haring print.
- The Hollywood Bowl if it existed in Toon Town.
- The entrance to Pikachu University
- Part of a leftover set from “In Living Color”
- Thor’s hair and beard
- A $40,000 a month electric bill
- A Naked Marge Simpson as painted by Picasso
- The World’s Largest Sunoco filling station
- The backdrop from the original London Stage adaptation of "The Lion King"
So, yeah. I think I speak for everyone when I say we should DEFINITELY approve this, find the 3 Mil ASAP and hopefully have this thing up and…doing whatever it does before Memorial Day.
Just one suggestion: add a water feature streaming out of the top crossbar. El Paso could be home to the “Largest Golden Shower” in the world.
KEEP READING: 50 activities to keep kids busy this summer