Won’t Parents Hate This Fireworks Alternative for Kids?
Fireworks are barely safe for adults - let alone kids.
In the U.S., children have been caught up in many fireworks-related accidents. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Fireworks Annual Report, an estimated 36% of all fireworks-related injuries reported in 2022 involved children under the age of 15.
The most recent report from the CPSC shows:
- Fireworks were involved in an estimated 10,200 injuries in the U.S. in 2022
- Since 2007 there has been a steady increase of about 535 additional fireworks injuries per year
- Victims 15 to 19 years old had the highest estimated rate of emergency room visits, and children ages 10 to 14 had the second highest
- Of the 10,200 injuries reported, 1,300 were caused by firecrackers, 400 were caused by rockets, 600 were the result of Roman candles, and 500 were caused by illegal firecrackers
Most parents barely know what a Roman candle is, and if you do, you know that something like SILLY STRING would be a better alternative.
The only possible situation has arrived. We are here. The one singular time that silly string is the BETTER option.
But, if you're like me and you also try to avoid silly string with the kids, I've gathered some even better (and more creative) options for fireworks as well. That you can use all year round!
Here are some options that can provide entertainment without the same level of risk:
- Glow Sticks - Glow sticks are a popular alternative to fireworks, especially for younger children. They come in various colors and can be waved, twirled, or used to create fun patterns in the dark.
- Confetti Poppers - Confetti poppers are a festive and safe way to celebrate. They work by releasing a burst of colorful confetti when a string or lever is pulled. They are often used during parties and celebrations.
- Bubble Machines - Kids of all ages enjoy bubbles! A bubble machine can create a magical atmosphere with an endless stream of bubbles floating through the air. It's a great option for outdoor gatherings or parties.
- Laser Light Shows - Laser light shows provide a mesmerizing visual experience without the need for actual fireworks. These shows are often organized by professionals and can be enjoyed from a safe distance.
- LED Light Displays - LED light displays, such as LED wands, spinning lights, or light-up toys, can create dazzling visual effects. They are generally safe and can be enjoyed by children of all ages.