El Paso Libraries Open for Curbside Pickup – Here’s What You Need to Know
After hitting pause on restarting a handful of library services in June due to a spike in COVID-19 numbers, things have calmed down enough for the city to roll them out now.
"Contactless" curbside pickup is now available at seven library branch locations. Four of those locations are serviced by the library bookmobile. According the library website, this service allows customers who would rather not read a book virtually to pick up reserved materials in person. Here’s what you need to know about curbside pickup:
Libraries Offering Curbside Service
The branches listed below will be the only ones open for curbside services and only on certain days of the week. No one will be allowed inside the libraries. Curbside pickup is the only service that will be offered initially. No other library activities will be provided.
• Richard Burges (9600 Dyer St.) 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Mondays and Thursdays
• Esperanza Acosta Moreno (12480 Pebble Hills Blvd.) 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursdays
• Dorris Van Doren (551 Redd Rd.) 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesdays and Fridays
Bookmobile Curbside Service
Below are the branches offering curbside service via the bookmobile. This service will also be contactless and no one will be allowed inside the bookmobile.
• Armijo (620 E. 7th) 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Tuesdays
• Clardy Fox (5515 Robert Alva Ave) 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Wednesdays
• Sergio Troncoso Library (9321 Alameda) 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursdays
• Judge Marquez (610 N. Yarbrough) 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturdays
The process for checking out/picking up materials
• Reserve material using the online catalog or by calling the location.
• Wait for notification by either phone, email or text.
• Call library to schedule a pickup day and time.
• Upon arrival, call the service location.
• Show photo ID without opening your vehicle’s window.
• Open the back seat door or trunk of your car
• Library staff will place bagged library materials inside vehicle.
Returning Borrowed Items
Materials can be returned on Fridays only from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and only to one of the four locations below. The blue book drop bins will be located outside.
• Dorris Van Doren, 551 E. Redd Rd.
• Esperanza Acosta Moreno, 12480 Pebble Hills
• Richard Burges, 9600 Dyer
• Main, 501 N. Oregon