600 ESPN NFL Mock Draft: Picking 1-32 in the First Round
Ah, draft day is upon us and there are only a few more hours until the NFL teams join up in Nashville for the 2019 NFL Draft.
Here's how it could shape up:
1. Arizona Cardinals - Kyler Murray (QB, Oklahoma)
Kyler Murray is still might have the highest ceiling—or lowest floor—among all players in the 2019 draft class. In a time where the Cardinals went through a massive overhaul and Kliff Kingsbury now stands as the coach of the franchise, there's no way you could pass up on a new quarterback when there's a chance to start anew. The question now becomes: what to do with Josh Rosen? Or better yet, where will Rosen be traded?
2. San Francisco 49ers - Nick Bosa (DE, Ohio State)
Nick Bosa isn't the player that Quinnen Williams is, but a pass rusher has become the "sexy" pick early on for most teams. Here the 49ers get Bosa to compliment an already promising defense and his presence might be felt right away.
3. New York Jets - Quinnen Williams (DT, Alabama)
Aaron Donald of the Rams proved the worthiness of interior linemen in the league still and Quinnen Williams fits the description for a powerful interior defensive tackle. The Jets could try to trade here or even take Josh Allen, but Williams is a sure-fire bet for them.
4. Oakland Raiders - Josh Allen (DE, Kentucky)
The Raiders still need to fill the void of a pass rusher and Kentucky's Josh Allen could be the go-to guy at No. 4. There's a long-shot they try for a quarterback or even snag Ed Oliver early on, but at the fourth pick, you take the best available player on the board.
5. Tampa Bay Bucs - Devin White (LB, LSU)
Tampa Bay might be in a position where taking Devin White at the fifth overall pick might be too high for them and there might be a team that wants to trade up for possibly a quarterback. If they shop this pick while being within the top-10 and still get White, it would be a huge win for the Bucs.
6. New York Giants - Dwayne Haskins (QB, Ohio State)
While Dwayne Haskins put up impressive numbers in college and at the Combine, is he really worth a sixth overall pick? I would like the Giants to be smart about this pick and use it somewhere they really need, such as some depth defensively. But all signs show that they are set on Haskins as a successor to Eli Manning.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jawaan Taylor (OT, Florida)
Here the Jags need to spend this draft pick on the highest-graded tackle to help protect their newest acquisition in Nick Foles. Jawaan Taylor has excellent quickness and tenacity which will make him an immediate fit for the Jaguars.
8. Detroit Lions - Rashan Gary (DE, Michigan)
Another pass rusher in the top-10? Most definitely. And Rashan Gray might fall to the 12-18 range, but his star-power makes him a desirable draft pick here for Detroit.
9. Buffalo Bills - Ed Oliver (DT, Houston)
Ed Oliver could be the best defensive linemen in this draft and that's saying a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if he was drafted in the top-5.
10. Denver Broncos - Devin Bush (LB, Michigan)
If you're a Broncos fan, the one thing you probably wouldn't want to see here is Drew Lock being drafted. Devin Bush is a hybrid linebacker that can stop the run or cover exceptionally well.
- 11. Cincinnati Bengals - Andre Dillard (OT, Washington State)
- 12. Green Bay Packers - T.J. Hockenson (TE, Iowa)
- 13. Miami Dolphins - Montez Sweat (EDGE, Mississippi State)
- 14. Atlanta Falcons - Brian Burns (EDGE, Florida State)
- 15. Washington Redskins - Drew Lock (QB, Missouri)
- 16. Carolina Panthers - Garrett Bradbury (C, NC State)
- 17. New York Giants (from CLE) - Christian Wilkins (DT, Clemson)
- 18. Minnesota Vikings - Chris Lindstrom (OG, Boston College)
- 19. Tennessee Titans - Clelin Ferrell (DE, Clemson)
- 20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
- 21. Seattle Seahawks - Dexter Lawrence (DT, Clemson)
- 22. Baltimore Ravens - Cody Ford (OT/G, Oklahoma)
- 23. Houston Texans - Erik McCoy (C/G, Texas A&M)
- 24. Oakland Raiders (from CHI) - Josh Jacobs (RB, Alabama)
- 25. Philadelphia Eagles - DK Metcalf (WR, Ole Miss)
- 26. Indianapolis Colts - Jeffrey Simmons (DT, Mississippi State)
- 27. Oakland Raiders (from DAL) - Noah Fant (TE, Iowa)
- 28. Los Angeles Chargers - Elgton Jenkins, G/C, Mississippi State
- 29. Seattle Seahawks (from KC) - Byron Murphy (CB, Washington)
- 30. Green Bay Packers (from NO) - Marquise Brown (WR, Oklahoma)
- 31. Los Angeles Rams - Dalton Risner (OL, Kansas State)
- 32. New England Patriots - Daniel Jones (QB, Duke)