Patriots Edge Out Falcons With Epic Comeback in Super Bowl LI
Even haters ... grudgingly ... respect the New England Patriots. Good times and bad, they've been my team and all that hating has made this the sweetest win ever.
Of course, that monumental comeback was pretty sweet too! Despite NFL Commissioner Roger Goodfernothing's witchhunt, Tom Brady's 4 game suspension and all that hating ... cue the Queen song ... we are the champions.
Go ahead, start the "they cheat" BS now.
- Deflategate? Disproven by scientists, experts and a 7th grade science project.
- Brady dropped appeals because he was guilty. No, his mother was very ill and he wanted to focus on her.
- Spygate? Filming IS allowed. Patriot cameras were accidentally outside the camera area. (Filming coaches, mind you, who were also being filmed for a nationwide tv broadcast.)
- Messing with opponents Ipads? Between games, the NFL alone handles the Ipads.
- ESPN said so. ESPN has reported, and retracted, false Patriot accusations. (They just retract quietly, in the middle of the night, when no one's watching.)
There's more but, you get the point. What now conspiracy theorists? You got nothing but win after win, an insane Super Bowl and now, the record books need rewriting. In all, 24 records were broken yesterday, here are my favorites:
- Bill Belichick has won more Super Bowls than any other head coach.
- Tom Brady is the first starting quarterback to win 5 Super Bowls.
- Set the "No Super Bowl team, down by 10 points, has won" mark at 25 points please.
- First Super Bowl to go to overtime.
Like it or not, Brady and Belichick are the greatest QB/coach combo in NFL history, the team is the greatest dynasty in NFL history and they will keep breaking records and winning games. They'll keep raising the bar and they'll keep fear in the eyes of the teams they play. Haters can hate all they want but, the New England Patriots are the champions. Again.