Have You Tried 1 Of The Top 10 Texas Restaurants According to AI?
It's true, Texans love their BBQ but that's not all we eat!
In fact, Business Insider ranks Texas as #4 in their article highlighting the 20 best US cities to live in if you love to try new food!
When I first got married to a true Texas cowboy almost thirty years ago, we ate a lot of red meat.
Chicken fried streak was a staple at the dinner table along with BBQ brisket, grilled ribeye and fajitas!
Thankfully, over time, my husband began to expand his palate and try new things that I loved, like sushi.
Lately we've wanted to expand our horizons now that we travel more, so I asked AI about the top ten restaurants in Texas and sure enough, we've eaten at two of them, but according to AI, we've been seriously missing out!
Have you eaten at any of these Top 10 Best Texas Restaurants according to AI?
10: Franklin Barbecue in Austin: I know I said BBQ isn't all we eat, but Franklins is an exception and it's rumored that on most days, the wait to eat at Franklins can be hours long. That's how good we hear it is!
9. Uchi in Austin: This upscale sushi and Japanese fusion restaurant is known for it's creative menu and exceptional sushi. Even the interior design of this sushi restaurant has made headlines!
8. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in Houston. Okay props to my husband, because we have actually eaten at all of the "Pappa" franchises in Texas and love them all! Fun fact: Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen is the largest concept in one of the largest family-owned and operated restaurant companies in the United States.
7. The French Room in Dallas: An elegant and historic fine dining restaurant serving French cuisine in a luxurious setting. Okay everything about this French restaurant looks fabulous! Next time in Dallas, we are sooo going!
6. Killen's Steakhouse in Pearland: Highly regarded for its steaks and classic steakhouse fare, the food looks amazing but know before you go you've got to look amazing too! Killen's offers, "We do not allow beachwear, cut off shorts, flip flops, gym attire including sweatpants, sweatshirts or hoodies. Athletic apparel, jerseys, hats, beanies, bandanas, ball caps, oversized or baggy clothing, tank tops, and sleeveless shirts are prohibited."
5. Joe T. Garcia's in Ft. Worth: Finally some Tex-Mex makes the list! Joe's in known throughout Texas for its Tex-Mex cuisine AND a beautiful garden seating area too!
4.Barbecue Inn in Houston: AI offers that this uber popular classic Houston spot is most known for its fried chicken and old-school charm. If you're not from Texas, you probably don't know this yet but... lots of BBQ joints make the BEST FRIED CHICKEN TOO!
3.The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood: I've heard so many great things about Salt Lick because they continue to be famous for its barbecue, but it was noted that their brisket and sausage RULES!
2.Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar in Gruene: After a long day of tubing on the river, nothing beats a sit down late lunch of true Texas comfort food at Gristmills, later you can make your way to Gruene Hall for a night you won't forget!
1. Ninfa's on Navigation in Houston: Fajita's baby! Still one of my all time favorite dishes, Ninfa's is credited with popularizing fajitas in the United States! On a side note, their margarita's look pretty darn tasty too!
So which of these Top Ten Best Restaurants in Texas have you been too?
And have you ever eaten one of these disgusting Texas delicacies??
Top Ten of the Most Disgusting Things Texans Eat