Free COVID-19 Testing Dates Extended in El Paso, Walk-Up Location Added
At the request of the Office of Emergency Management the Texas Military Department Mobile Testing Team will continue COVID-19 testing in El Paso through June 22, the city announced Wednesday. Testing by the military department team had been set to end June 12.
The drive-thru testing is being conducted at four mobile testing sites within city limits, and a handful of rural county sites. A new walk-up location has been added for the extended dates. That will take place at Nations Tobin Recreation Center on select days June 16 through June 22.
While appointments must be made 24 hours in advance for testing at mobile and rural county sites, no appointment is needed for the walk-up site. Appointments for the drive-thru sites can be made by calling 512-883-2400.
If you show up at a drive-thru site without an appointment, you will be directed to schedule one and most likely turned away. Only the new walk-up site at Nations Tobin does not require having an appointment. Drive-thru or walk-up, it’s free and available to anyone, with or without coronavirus symptoms.
City of El Paso Testing Sites
Available Saturday June 13 through Monday, June 22 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the following dates and locations. Appointment necessary:
• Armijo Recreation Center and Pool, 710 E 7th Ave
• Haskins Recreation Center, 7400 High Ridge
• Esperanza Acosta Moreno Library, 12480 Pebble Hills
• Memorial Swimming Pool, 3251 Copper Ave.
County Testing Sites
Available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the following dates and locations. Appointment necessary:
• Saturday, June 13, Horizon First Baptist Church, 17018 Darrington Road, Horizon City
• Monday, June 15, West Valley Fire Station, 510 Vinton Road, Vinton
• Tuesday, June 16, Montana Vista Fire Station #1, 13978 Montana Ave
• Wednesday, June 17, Tornillo ISD Elementary Gym, 19200 Cobb Ave., Tornillo
• Thursday, June 18, Ysleta Del Sur Pueblo, 11200 Santos Sanchez Blvd.
• Friday, June 19, El Paso County ESD #2 Fire Station, 11440 N. Loop, Socorro
• Saturday, June 20, El Paso County ESD #2 District Office, 16001 Socorro Rd., Fabens
• Monday, June 22, Horizon First Baptist Church, 17018 Darrington Road, Horizon City
Walk-up Testing Site
• Tuesday, June 16 through Friday June 19 and Monday, June 22, Nations Tobin Recreation Center, 8831 Railroad Dr. Available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. No appointment needed.