Bravos de FC Juarez were able to salvage a tie on Thursday night at Benito Juarez Olympic Stadium against legendary Mexican soccer team Pumas. The 4-4 draw could be described as a 90-minute rollercoaster as witnessed by the 19,703 fans in attendance at the stadium located on the banks of the Rio Grande.

The Bravos opened the scoring line in the 11th minute when in the Diego Rolan passed the ball to the right wing, from there Mauro Fernandez found Dario Lezcano on a run where Lezcano just needed to push the ball into the back of the net.

The lead was short lived as Pumas tied the match just 4 minutes later in the 15th minute of play. However, two minutes later the Bravos would retake the lead when, once again Lezcano would score. This time Lezcano’s goal would come off a header for the 2-1 lead.

The team from the Borderland would extend their lead to 3-1 before the first half would come to an end of a penalty kick that was awarded via a VAR review (instant replay). Forward Diego Rolan scored on that penalty kick attempt.

The second half would see the visiting Pumas tie and then take the lead in the match in the first 14 minutes of the second half. The home crowd for FC Juarez was silenced with this kind of comeback.
The final substitution would prove to be key for the Bravos on Thursday night. Brian Rubio who would come into the game in the 76th minute, would score only 2 minutes later to even the score.

After the match both coaches were critical of their team’s defensive efforts pointing out specifically that this is something that their teams have to improve in. Bravos head coach, Gabriel Caballero commented the following regarding the matter, “What is evident here tonight is for there to be 8 goals scored in the match there has to be defensive mistakes and we were guilty in contributing to some of those defensive mistakes.”

Up next for the Bravos will be midweek match this coming Tuesday as the Bravos will play Queretaro in Copa MX play on the road.

More From 600 ESPN El Paso