Did Your Favorite El Paso Restaurant Pass Their Health Inspection?
The city has released the results of their recent restaurant health inspections. Keep reading to find out how your favorite spot did.
Restaurant health inspections aren't entirely limited to how food is stored, cooked, prepped or what temp the refrigerator stays at. In fact, many of the things that are monitored have little, if anything at all, to do with the food itself.
The results of recent health inspections by the El Paso County Health Department have been posted. According to the El Paso Times, a minimum score of 70 points, out of a possible 100, is required to pass.
I know many people who own or manage restaurants, bars, etc and they all tell me the health department doesn't play around. They can and will shut down places if they don't pass inspection.
They are apparently very thorough and look at EVERYTHING. They even check to see how hot the water gets. They also inspect all types of food handling establishments including grocery stores, schools and day care centers, (adults and childrens), as well as actual restaurants.
Here are a few of the places that recently landed perfect scores:
- 100 10/4/2022 SPEC'S WINE SPIRITS & FINER FOODS 2036 ZARAGOZA, BLDG# B - EL PASO, TX 79938
- 100 10/4/2022 DOLLAR GENERAL STORE #12265 8090 DONIPHAN VINTON, TX 79821
- 100 10/6/2022 HORNEDO MIDDLE SCHOOL 6101 HIGH RIDGE EL PASO, TX 79912
- 100 10/5/2022 GRANDVIEW PARK SENIOR CENTER 3134 JEFFERSON EL PASO, TX 79930
- 100 10/6/2022 SOUTHWEST DELI 3123 ALAMEDA EL PASO, TX 79905
You don't have to wait for the media to access health inspection results. You can click here anytime you want, then type in the name of the restaurant you're wondering about.