10 Things I Learned About the 2011 NBA Finals
Now that the NBA season is over, here's a quick look back at some of my highlights and lowlights from the classic Finals series between Dallas and Miami.
1. Dirk Nowitski is anything but soft.
2. 4th Quarter is not in LeBron James' vocabulary.
3. Like most NBA superstars, Duane Wade cries a lot when he commits fouls.
4. Rick Carlisle is one hell of an NBA coach
5. Good defense is still better than a great offense. Dallas had both.
6. Jason Terry's performance backed up his mouth and tattoo.
7. Chris Bosh was the most consistent Heat player in the Finals.
8. LeBron saved his best performance for the Chicago series.
9. The classiest move of the NBA Finals was when Mavericks owner Mark Cuban brought team founder Don Carter and his wife up to the podium to accept the Finals trophy from David Stern.
10. One of the best NBA Finals in years could be our last basketball memory for a while if the league chooses for a lockout.