Looking for a Job? Managing Editor Opening Available
Townsquare Media of El Paso is looking to hire a Managing Editor to oversee the digital consumer experiences of the company’s radio brands in El Paso, Texas. The goal of the position is to oversee the creation of digital content that is vital for the local community. The role is accountable for the quality of the content and the growth of the audience to that content.
The ideal candidate will have online editorial experience, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. The person filling this role should understand what makes content on the web “sticky,” conversation-starting and good for SEO.
The job also requires a sense for marketing and socialization, the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all a must. Experience working with Wordpress, HTML, Photoshop and video and familiarity with AP style are all a plus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the radio station team including brand managers, on-air talent and promotion directors to create compelling and relevant editorial content for the local community that refreshes daily. This content will consist of text, photo, video and interactive – and also social media.
- Lead brainstorming sessions and other creative discussions with radio station teams
- Develop content ideas for the community based on audience demand and search data
- Top edit several posts and features a day
- Manage the calendar of content for the site
- Conceive of innovative ways to distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
- Ensure all content captures the tone of the site and the radio station
- Utilize and enforce best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.
- Creatively strategize new ways to increase site audience and engagement and be accountable to key metrics including Unique Visitors, Repeat Visits, and Pages per Visit.
- Grow an Active Database for email, mobile and social media
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and execute sponsored content programs and other consumer offerings that can be monetized by advertising partners.
- Monitor and analyze key business metrics
- Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.
- Manage all digital experiences including websites, mobile apps, social media, contests, streaming radio, advertisements, texting services, and email newsletters.
Qualified Applicants please e-mail resume to: email@example.com
Or, mail to:
4180 N. Mesa Street
El Paso, Tx 79902
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.