First Quarter NFL Observations
NFL players, coaches, and analysts love talking about dividing the season into four quarters of four games. Now that the first quarter is in the books, I decided to write down the first thought that popped into my mind about every team.
- Patriots- Starting to fire on all cylinders. Where do they find these guys? (Brandon Bolden)
- Jets- TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!
- Bills- Average at best
- Dolphins- Surprisingly competitive. Joe Philbin is more competent than the editors of “Hard Knocks” led us to believe
- Ravens- Super Bowl contenders.
- Bengals- Wild card. Pass eye ball test. Getting better weekly.
- Steelers- Defense constantly straddles fine line between veteran and old.
- Browns- Need.Receivers.Bad
- Texans- Best team in the NFL???
- Colts- It will be fun to chart Andrew Luck’s progress. Wish Chuck Pagano a speedy recovery.
- Jaguars- They are an NFL team.
- Titans- It will be tough for the organization to part ways with Mike Munchak.
- Chargers- In Norv we don’t trust
- Broncos- Trending in the right direction. Peyton took “noodle arm” comments personally.
- Raiders- Don’t travel well. Need identity.
- Chiefs- Lousy. Romeo and Cassel’s days are numbered
- Eagles- Sloppy, disjointed, talented……..3-1.
- Cowboys- Here we go again. Gotta get healthy.
- Redskins- Exciting. RG3 is fun to watch.
- Giants- Let them be. Eli and D-line will figure it out.
- Vikings- Grinders. Depending on luck and bounces could be 10-6 or 6-10.
- Bears- Tough. Give Cutler time and he and Marshall will destroy you.
- Packers- Seem primed for a big run.
- Lions- At least they don’t play in Dallas.
- Falcons- Super Bowl contenders.
- Buccaneers- Young, energetic. Too predictable on offense.
- Panthers- Inconsistent. Hard luck losers.
- Saints- Best 0-4 team EVER!!!
- Cardinals- Point differential don’t lie, dawg!
- 49ers- Physical. Super Bowl contenders.
- Seahawks- Inspired at home, average on the road.
- Rams- Can compete. Should stay the course with Jeff Fisher.