Fantasy Football Edition – Top 15 TEs
As we move along with Fantasy Football Edition, we move into the tight end position. Since most only start one TE and some fantasy teams only carry the starter on the roster, we are only going to cover the top 15 TEs.
Without further ado, here they are:
1. Jimmy Graham, Saints- former basketball player, showed how big of a target he is two years ago when set the single-season mark for receiving yards by a TE. Injuries slowed him down last year, but he still a great year.
2. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots- Health is a hug question mark as we all hold our breath and wait to see how he comes from offseason surgery. When completely healthy, there is no doubt that Gronk is the best TE in the game.
3. Jason Witten, Cowboys- His TD may have gone a little the last couple of years, but there is no TE that is as consistently an integral part of the offense as Witten is to the Cowboys’ attack.
4. Vernon Davis, 49ers- No longer has to share catches with Delanie Walker and Michael Crabtree’s injury means more targets for Davis. A strong-armed Kaepernick will also open the huge play for Davis, who has WR speed.
5. Tony Gonzalez, Falcons- He says it is his last season. Even after 17 years, he is still one of the best at this position.
6. Greg Olsen, Panthers- Strong, consistent. Should continue to climb up the board as he gets more comfortable with Cam Newton.
7. Kyle Rudolph, Vikings- The addition of Greg Jennings on the outside will only further open up the middle for this red zone phenom.
8. Owen Daniels, Texans- Consistent target in key third down situations for Matt Schaub. Good pickup in the later rounds.
9. Brandon Pettigrew, Lions- If he has a season like two years ago, Pettigrew will be a steal for somebody.
10. Martellus Bennett, Bears- Showed last year he was capable of being a number one TE. Improves with Cutler throwing to him.
11. Antonio Gates, Chargers- May be past his prime, but he can still help a team out with his consistency.
12. Jermaine Gresham, Bengals- Would definitely be higher on this list if he didn’t have to share touches with rookie TE Tyler Eifert.
13. Jermichael Finley, Packers- Has the talent to be a top five TE, but has regain the trust of Rodgers.
14. Jared Cook, Rams- A definite late round sleeper now that he is the man in St. Louis.
15. Brandon Myers, Giants- It seems like every year the Giants have a different guy at TE. And every year that TE becomes someone’s mid-season steal off of the waiver wire or a steal as a late round draft pick. Myers will be that TE for the Giants this year.
Well now you have my top TEs. Coming up, the top 10 defenses.