Fantasy Football Edition – Top 10 Defenses
On this version of Fantasy Football Edition, it is time to cover the top ten defenses.
Again, most teams only draft one team defense and swap on their bye week, so we are only going to give the very best to choose from.
And the top ten defenses in fantasy football are:
1. San Francisco 49ers- How can you stand a chance going against the likes of Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, and Ahmad Brooks? And that’s just on the front seven. Add a rebounding Nnamdi Asomugha in the secondary, and you have a recipe for a dominating defense.
2. Seattle Seahawks- Put a lot of pressure on QBs a year ago and added Chris Avril this year that should increase that pressure. Richard Sherman is one of the best CBs in the game.
3. Cincinnati Bengals- The frontline, led by Geno Atkins, smothers offenses. That will lead to a lot of sacks, fumbles and even interceptions.
4. Houston Texans- The return of Brian Cushing from knee surgery and the continued improvement of the game’s best pass rusher, J.J. Watt, puts this defense among the cream of the crop.
5. Chicago Bears- Even without the retired Urlacher, this defense will still create a lot of turnovers and once again lead the league in defensive scores.
6. Arizon Cardinals- Patrick Peterson is a shutdown corner. The addition of Tyrann Mathieu is a steal of a pickup. This will be hard to score on or even move the ball against.
7. Green Bay Packers- They may give up a lot points, but they also get a lot of takeaways that lead to points for their offense.
8. Denver Broncos- The suspension of Von Miller coupled with the fax faux paus that cost them Elvis Dumervil will hurt them early on.
9. Baltimore Ravens- Ray Lewis retired and Ed Reed is now a Texan, but this defense got younger and faster to go with the already existing brute strength.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers- They may be getting old, but there is no way that Dick Lebeau will allow this defense to be anything but ruthless and downright nasty for offenses to go up against.
There you have my top 10 defenses. Only one position remains, the top ten kickers.