Everything You Need to Know About 2017 Sun City BaconFest
Bacon Fest is on Sunday, so we want to make sure you know everything that is happening with the event.
It’s FREE to enter!
That’s right — to walk into BaconFest costs you nothing. So that means if you are attending one of the many other events downtown this weekend, walk down to Union Plaza and enjoy all the bacon-y goodness at your leisure — whether it’s food, beverages, shaved ice, etc.
Piggy Bucks and BaconFest merch
Once you’ve gotten there and decided what you’d like to nosh on, pick up some of or Piggy Bucks (with cash or credit/debit cards) and grab the samples that make your mouth water the most. You’ll need the Piggy Bucks to get food from any of our 30+ vendor booths. T-shirts, cups, bacon balm, pig ears, and more will be available to purchase!
Feel free to bring these things
- Lawn chairs
Please leave these thing at home
- Any and all pets (outside of certified seeing-eye assist animals — certifications must be presented)
- Outside food or beverages of any sort
We’ll have a stage with live music AND you can even win cash!
We will be hosting contests throughout the day and presenting live music in between. Sign up by the stage for either of the following contests, and enjoy the day’s bands.
- 12-12:45 p.m.- House of Rock Youth Band
- 1 p.m. – Hog Calling Contest (cash prize)
- 1:15- 2 p.m.- Locomotion (1st Set)
- 2:15- 3 p.m.- Locomotion (2nd Set)
- 3:15 p.m. BaCON Contest — A bacon inspired costume contest (cash prize)
- 3:30-4:15 p.m. Main Street (1st Set)
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. Main Street (2nd Set)