Alyssa Milano Should Run the Dodgers
I spent a good portion of last night trying to think who would be the perfect person to run the Los Angeles Dodgers. Now that Major League Baseball has assumed control of the team, the only question is who they will appoint to take over day-to-day operations of the club. Then it struck me, faster than a Clayton Kershaw fastball....Alyssa Milano! Here are a list of reasons why MLB Commissioner Bud Selig needs to make this move.
1. Alyssa is a huge baseball fan, and her passion is the LA Dodgers.
2. She has authored a book entitled Safe at Home: Confessions of a Baseball Fanatic.
3. Is not afraid to walk around the Dodgers Stadium parking lot after a night game.
4. Milano would become the best looking baseball executive in history. This could help the Dodgers at the trade deadline.
5. Baseball ties date back to her early TV career when she worked with Tony Danza on "Who's the Boss". Who could forget his great headfirst slide home in that memorable softball game episode.
6. Alyssa has dated starting pitchers Barry Zito, Carl Pavano, and former Diablo Brad Penny.
7. Has her own clothing line "Touch" which caters to female baseball fans. That's another key demographic that the Dodgers could use.
8. She has not picked sides in the McCourt divorce.
9. Born and raised in Brooklyn, where her dad told stories of the Boys of Summer and Ebbets Field.
10. Milano is a Dodgers season ticket holder, and sits right behind the home dugout.
Seriously, in an era when teams are mismanaged by baseball men that think they know the game , it's time to change that stereotype and let a huge celebrity baseball fan take her best shot. Especially one that knows the game, the team, and how athletes tick. The Dodgers are not doing well in the NL West or at the box office, and I'm convinced Alyssa Milano is the answer to all of their problems.